In February 2013, our 7 man team will carry hope to the children of the Himalayas in the form of medicine, education, and other supplies. We will hike on foot through remote areas of the Himalayas of Nepal carrying these supplies in our backpacks, reaching villages over 13,000 ft.
The purpose of our team is to stop the cycle of suffering among the children of the Himalayas and to take direct action to confront the alarming death rate statistics of these children.
- 50% – the number of children who will die before their 8th birthday.
- 1 out of 5 – the number of children who die before the age of one.
- 5 – the age at which children begin working in the fields or local factories.
- 84% – the number of Himalayan children who are deprived of even the most basic education
- 27,000 – the number of children and women who were trafficked out of Nepal last year for sexual exploitation or involuntary servitude.
This journey will be physically demanding, but our temporary discomfort will bring hope and life where there is none. You can be a part of changing a child's life in the remote, unseen areas of Nepal. Just a few dollars will purchase crucial medicine for a child. Join is in carrying hope to the Himalayas.